We are proud to announce that Coach Fiqah Qari has graduated with her Diploma in Arts & Design at UiTM Shah Alam. She bagged three awards; the Vice Chancellor award, Best Student in the Department of Fine Arts & Best Student in the Faculty of Arts & Design.
We hope her continues success in studies (last time was in 2007 in SPM) will influences other members and coaches to follow her well-balance achievement in academic and co-curriculum (Silat). We wish the bigger success for her in the future .
A bit of Coach Fiqah Qari profiles;
Nur Fiqah bt. Mohd. Qari is a coach under the PCS Coaching Division. She is a Silat Olahraga competitor and has held many prominent positions in her co-curricular involvements in school and university.
Nur Fiqah was born on the 24th of April 1990 in Kuala Lumpur, to Mohd. Qari Ahmad and Jamaliah Ismail. Nur Fiqah is the second-eldest sibling out of five with one elder sister, Nur Ateeqah, two younger sisters, Nur Quraisya and Nur Qistina and one younger brother, Ahmad Naqib who is the youngest child in the family.
She received early education at Tadika Fatima and moved on to receive her primary school education at Sekolah Kebangsaan Ampang. She then began her secondary school life at SMK Seri Bintang Utara after achieving straight A’s in her UPSR examination. She then went on to repeat the same achievement in her PMR examinations and 8A’s in SPM. In 2011, she was graduated in Diploma of Arts & Desigh (Fine Arts) at UiTM Shah Alam.
Sekolah Kebangsaan Ampang
==> Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (2002)
Sekolah Rendah Agama Kampung Melayu Ampang
==> Sijil Pelajaran Rendah Agama (2002)
Nur Fiqah Qari is exposed to competitive silat for the first time and this is followed by her first match later the same year (2004).
Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Seri Bintang Utara
==> Penilaian Menengah Rendah (2005)
==> Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (2007)
==> Kursus Asas Kemahiran Jurulatih Silat PSGFM 1 Phase 1.
==> Kursus Silat Olahraga (JPWP)
==> Kursus Rukun Negara (JPWP); A course meant to instill racial unity and patriotism. (2006)
==> Kursus Pengurusan Kelab & Persatuan (2006); An in-depth course on management of school clubs and societies.
==> Kursus Kemahiran Wasit & Juri (PSGFM) (2006)
==> Certificate of participation and proficiency (2006)
==> Kursus Asas Kemahiran Jurulatih Silat PSGFM 1; Attended both Phase 1 and 2 and is qualified to teach under Module 1 (2006 & 2007)
==> Qualified silat coach (PSGFM & PCS) (2006)
==> Kursus Solo Sekolah-sekolah Malaysia (PCS); Certificate of participation (2007)
Nur Fiqah began learning silat under Cikgu Nizam in 2004 at age 14 with a friend. Nur Fiqah was registered as Cikgu Nizam’s student at her school SMK Seri Bintang Utara. Despite her friend’s subsequent withdrawal from the club, Nur Fiqah continued to participate actively, fuelled by her passion for the martial art.
Fiqah continued to participate actively in the Silat Society, moving on to receive higher posts and to become actively involved in Pusat Cemerlang Silat’s activities as well.
She became the Kuala Lumpur State Schools Silat Olahraga Champion in 2006, beating competitors from different styles to emerge the new state champion and representative for nationals. She has also won matches in Silat Olahraga competitions held by PCS.
2004 – White Belt
- Began learning silat under Cikgu Nizam at age 14 at SMK Seri Bintang Utara.
2004 – Yellow Belt
- Participated in her first Silat Olahraga tournament in the 42-45kg (Puteri) weight class. Showed promise even not having won any medals.
- Won PCS’ Pesilat Harapan award 2003/2004.
2005 – Green Belt
- Continued participating actively and shows great potential despite not having won any medals in her second tournament as school representative in Silat Olahraga under the 47-49kg (Puteri) weight class.
- Became Treasurer for SMK Seri Bintang Utara’s Silat Society and Assistant Coach to Cikgu Nizam.
- Committee Members for the Jamuan Dwitahunan. Nur Fiqah Qari stands at the far right.
2006 – Red Belt
- Participated in Kuala Lumpur Schools Silat Olahraga Tournament 2006 and emerged as state champion in the 42-45 kg (Puteri) weight class.
- Participated in the National Robotics Competition 2006 as school and state representative and won third place as school representative.
- Was chosen as President of SMK Seri Bintang Utara’s Silat Society and Vice president of SMK Seri Bintang Utara’s Softball Club.
- Organized and managed the “2nd PCS Bi-Yearly Agglomeration & Pertubuhan Seni Gayung Fatani Malaysia’s 30-Year Anniversary Celebration” (Majlis Dwitahunan PCS Kali Ke-2 & Sambutan Ulangtahun Ke-30 PSGFM).
- Became a member of the PCS’ Coaching Division
- Won PCS’ Pesilat Terbaik or Best Silat Exponent Award 2005/2006
2007 – Black Belt
- Became a member of the group chosen to perform at the National Level Ma’al Hijrah Celebration Assembly 1428H/2007AD which was attended by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, the Prime Minister of Malaysia and his Deputy.
- Was elected to the post of Form 5 Committee Member for her schol’s Silat Society.
- Began coaching at SK Cheras Indah, Ampang under the guidance of Cikgu Nizam and manages the MySpace page for Pusat Cemerlang Silat.
“Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” - Peter Drucker